Experts have discovered a new Android Trojan. The main purpose of the new trojan is to hack Facebook users’ accounts and spread misinformation through them. Since March this year, the trojan has managed to hack 10,000 Facebook accounts belonging to citizens from 144 countries. This Trojan has traditionally spread. We are talking about fake applications in the Google Play Store and other online stores. The detected Trojan was named FlyTrap.
After analyzing the Trojan FlyTrap, experts concluded that this Trojan belongs to the class of Trojans that use social engineering to hack Facebook accounts. According to the report, FlyTrap operators are located in Vietnam. Google has already removed 9 fake applications from the Google Play Store. However, those applications are still available in external online stores. The list of fake applications that require a suspicious approach is as follows:
– GG Voucher (com.luxcarad.cardid)
– Vote European Football (com.gardenguides.plantingfree)
– GG Coupon Ads (com.free_coupon.gg_free_coupon)
– GG Voucher Ads (com.m_application.app_moi_6)
– GG Voucher (com.free.voucher)
– Chatfuel (com.ynsuper.chatfuel)
– Net Coupon (com.free_coupon.net_coupon)
– Net Coupon (com.movie.net_coupon)
– EURO 2021 Official (com.euro2021)
The creators of these applications attract users through various passwords and coupons for Netflix and Google AdWords. The FlyTrap Trojan is installed in such a way that as soon as it logs in, it steals information such as the user’s Facebook ID, location, email address, IP address, cookies and tokens.