Bethesda has revealed that all users will be able to migrate their Bethesda account to Steam from April 27th.
On the same day, players will have access to a link to a special transfer program, which will contain detailed instructions. By the way, for an early transition to Steam, from April 27 to May XX, 10 gift levels will be distributed on the playing field of Season 9 – in June.
Starting May 11, users will no longer be able to sign in and play Fallout 76 through the Bethesda Launcher.
Recall that the company announced the closure of its own launcher in February this year. A few more details:
- On April 27, all real money purchases in the Bethesda Launcher version of the game will be disabled. The ability to make purchases for atoms will remain until the accounts are completely disabled;
- you will have to re-download and install Fallout 76 through Steam;
- you don’t need to change the game settings again;
- Fallout 1st annual subscription will not automatically renew. Players will have to issue it again through Steam;
- the transition will not affect personal worlds, and all previously purchased atoms will be preserved;
- quest-related achievements will need to be re-acquired using a different character;
- players will have access to all their games and in-game items purchased through the Bethesda Launcher – even if they don’t appear in the Steam Library.