The Dark Side of Gaming portal annually publishes a list of games that look and work best on different PC configurations. 2021 is no exception.
A PC-optimized game, according to editors, should also work with older graphics cards and processors. Other “small details” are also taken into account: general stability, mouse movement, frame rate issues, etc.
- 10. Hitman 3 – the game looks and works better than Hitman 2, in some scenes it requires a powerful processor, but in most cases it works without problems on different PC configurations.
- 9. Kingdom Hearts 3 – Works well on PC. In 4K it produces over 100 fps at maximum settings. But there are not many options for graphical settings.
- 8. Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time is an Unreal Engine 4 game that runs smoothly on different PC configurations.
- 7. Hot Wheels Unleashed – looks and works great on different PCs, but occasionally stutters at the start of the race.
- 6. Tales of Arise is an Unreal Engine 4 game that does not require a high-performance CPU or GPU.
- 5. Aliens Fireteam – does not require a high-performance processor and works great on mid-range GPUs.
- 4. Bright Memory Infinite – a game from a small team, but in the version without ray tracing, it works without problems on a huge number of PC configurations.
- 3. Call of Duty: Vanguard – Unlike Battlefield 2042, Call of Duty: Vanguard performed well on PC right from the start with no major glitches or bugs. One of the prettiest FPS games of 2021 that runs incredibly well on PC. The game also supports FSR and DLSS.
- 2. Resident Evil Village – Works seamlessly on a variety of GPUs and CPUs. The game originally had some serious optimization issues that Capcom fixed.
- 1. Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition is the best example of ray tracing in PC games.